The Best Post-Spray Tan Productshttp://bronzebeautyst.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/rawpixel-797133-unsplash-1024x683.jpg 1024 683 Sarah Rubino Sarah Rubino http://1.gravatar.com/avatar/1298904d794207324dc13ca34f27b8b1?s=96&d=mm&r=g
The Best Post- Spray Tan Products:
When it comes to taking care of your skin post-spray tan, we always say it’s important to use products that are paraben-free, sulfate-free, and free of any alcohols that may dry out the skin. A lot of people then say, “Okay, sounds great… so where can I find such products?” Well, it’s your lucky day, because we are about to s-p-e-l-l it out for you!
1. Raw Sugar Body Wash
Raw Sugar bath and body products are an excellent option for your post-spray tan care. As a sulfate free, paraben free, dye-free, plant-derived and naturally sourced body wash, you can’t get much better!! We would highly recommend this product line to any of our clients.
2. Shea Moisture Body Wash + Lotion
Shea Moisture is also a great brand to use after your spray tan! In both their body wash and their body lotion products, they only ever use natural, organic ingredients… namely certified organic Shea Butter. It’s a perfect combination of products to look into, especially because moisturizing the skin post-spray tan ensures your spray tan will last longer.
3. Caress Shower Foam
The new Caress Shower Foam is a relatively new product from the Caress brand. As advertised, it’s light, airy, and surprisingly all-natural… making it perfect for post-spray tan usage! And, as bonus, all their scents are heavenly!
4. Specialty Products
Bronze Beauty Spray Tanning also carries other specialty products designed specifically for the purpose of ensuring a long-lasting spray tan. These products work best for both extending and building upon your sunless tan:
- Sunstyle Catwalk Body Wash
- Sunstyle Catwalk Sunless Tan Extending Lotion
- Hempz Lotion
- So Naughty Nude Body Wash
- AYU Moisturizing Lotion
- Amir Coconut Oil Lotion
While talking about all the products you want to use after your spray tan, it’s also very important to remember the products you don’t want to use, as well. Make sure while taking care of your skin post-spray tan, you avoid the following products:
- Dove or Dial Soap
- Bath & Body Works Products
- Victoria’s Secret Products
- Curel Lotion
- Anti-Aging Products
- Retin-A Medicated Products
- Toners containing alcohols or witch hazel
- Anti-Acne Products
- Harsh Makeup Removers
- Depilatory Hair Removal Products (Nair, Veet, Neet, etc.)
- Body Hair Bleach
- Perfume or Fragrance (when sprayed directly on the skin)
With all this knowledge, you will be able to be proactive in taking care of your spray tan by using the most natural products to protect it, and avoiding the “black list” products that won’t! Happy tanning!
Post Spray Tan Tipshttp://bronzebeautyst.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/yoann-boyer-293779-unsplash-1024x683.jpg 1024 683 Sarah Rubino Sarah Rubino http://1.gravatar.com/avatar/1298904d794207324dc13ca34f27b8b1?s=96&d=mm&r=g
Post Spray Tan Tips:
So, you’ve finally gotten a spray tan… now what? Similarly to how you prepped your skin beforehand, it’s important to remember certain tips for after your spray tan, as well! After all, the more you take care of your skin after you’ve been sprayed, the longer your tan will last!
Wait 8-10 Hours Before Showering
Try to refrain from showering for the first 8-10 hours after your spray tan session. As with all DHA products, sunless color begins showing development approximately 4 hours after the application, and continues to darken for up to 24 hours. So, if you shower at all during the first 24 hours, remember to use a WARM WATER RINSE ONLY! The use of soap can inhibit the full development of DHA color. During your first shower, refrain from using loofahs, wash cloths, or anything that could scrub away your tan. And finally, when drying off after any shower following your spray tan, make sure to pat your skin dry… do not rub your skin with a towel, as this may cause some of the solution to come off. Also, after your first shower, we recommend you use a mild pH balanced lotion to extend the life of your tan.
Remember, cosmetic instant bronzers will wash away during the first shower. Don’t be scared when you see some color coming off your skin during the first rinse, it’s supposed to!
NOTE: If you have gotten a rapid spray tan treatment as opposed to a normal spray tan, remember that you only need to wait 2-6 hours before your first shower. The warm water rinse rule, however, still applies, but you should refrain from using lotion during the first 24 hours.
Avoid Rainy Weather
Try to avoid any contact with rain or any other form of water until after your initial shower. Water contact stops the tanning process immediately. If your skin comes in contact with water before the tan has fully developed, it could end up look patchy.
When Showering, Use Mild pH Balanced Shower Products
When showering post-spray tan, make sure to use only mild pH balanced body soaps and products. Any products that have exfoliating beads, lotions, or a high pH balance will strip away your sunless color. If you don’t have any products that are mild pH balanced, or you’re unsure, we carry a host of different brands and products at Bronze Beauty Spray Tanning. Make sure to ask your spray tan tech after your session, and she will refer you to our recommended products.
Do Not Shave Or Wax for 24-48 Hours
If you must shave or wax after the first 24-48 hours, make sure to use a brand new, sharp razor to reduce removing any old or dead skin cells. Remember that the spray tan solution has attached itself to these skin cells, so the more you shave, the more you’ll strip your tan.
Avoid Chlorinated Pools
It’s always best to try to stay away from chlorinated pools, spas, saunas, and excessive heat, as this will dramatically accelerate the fading process of your spray tan. Chlorine, especially, is a form of bleach, which promotes the accelerated process of removing the tan.
That being said, there exist ways to get around this rule. In fact, if you’re going on vacation and simply cannot or do not want to avoid the water, one tip we have found is to apply a thick layer of waterproof sunscreen to your body before entering the pool. This helps to block the chlorine from soaking into your skin and will help protect the life of your tan!
Extend & Build Color by Applying Lotion Daily
Applying lotion (mild pH balanced, of course) daily after your spray tan will not only help keep your skin soft and smooth and therefore extend the life of your tan, but also can help build onto the color you have already achieved.
To wrap up, taking care of your skin after your spray tan session is just as important as the days leading up to your appointment. Remembering these few simple tips will not only help extend the life of your tan, but also will help you to look and feel your best for the days to come!
7 Things To Do Before Your Spray Tanhttp://bronzebeautyst.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/freestocks-org-141810-unsplash-1024x683.jpg 1024 683 Sarah Rubino Sarah Rubino http://1.gravatar.com/avatar/1298904d794207324dc13ca34f27b8b1?s=96&d=mm&r=g
7 Things To Do Before Your Spray Tan:
When it comes to getting a spray tan, a lot of people wonder where to begin. What can you do to prepare your skin before your spray tan session? We’re glad you asked! Skin preparation is extremely important. In fact, the days leading up to your session matter the most when it comes to how the solution stays on your skin. But not to worry… just remembering a few quick tips can make a world of difference in how your tan looks, lasts, and, most importantly, in how confident you feel!
1.Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize
The week before your appointment, remember to moisturize daily with body lotion. Apply lotion generously to your knees, elbows, feet and hands… since these areas tend be the driest, and therefore, absorb more color. If you moisturize twice daily the entire week before your spray tan, you will ensure a smooth, even absorption of color.
However, make sure that you STOP your moisturizing routine the day of your spray tan. If you have any lotion at all on your body when you come in for your session, there will be a barrier between your skin and the spray tanning solution, which can cause your spray tan to come out blotchy.
We cannot over-stress the importance of exfoliating your skin prior to your spray tan session. Exfoliation clears away any dry, dead skin cells, which helps prepare your skin to better absorb the spray tanning solution. You should exfoliate using a loofa/wash cloth and body scrub the entire week (up until 24 hours) before your appointment. While exfoliating, make sure to use a pH balancing scrub… and for extremely dry areas, we recommend using a deep exfoliator.
3. Stay Hydrated
Drinking plenty of water, believe it or not, does influence your skin! All spray tanning solutions look best both moisturized, but also hydrated skin.
4. Apply a Warm Towel
If you apply a warm towel to your skin right before your spray tanning session, it will help keep your skin moisturized and better absorb color!
5. Protect Your Skins’ pH Levels
Make sure to avoid using bar soaps, high pH shower products, or in-shower moisturizers days before (and especially after) your session. These products can neutralize the DHA bronzing reaction within the skin, making your spray tan blotchy and uneven.
6. Hair Removal
When it comes to shaving/waxing your body hair, make sure you do so prior to 24 hours before your session! Shaving and waxing exfoliates the skin, so going along with rule #2, just make sure you do so prior to the 24-hour window.
7. Get Your Mani/Pedi Before Your Spray Tan
Ladies, if you plan on getting a manicure or pedicure, make sure to do so before your session! If you get your nails done after your spray tan, you risk ruining your tan when the nail tech uses exfoliates and/or lotions on your skin.
In conclusion, the better your prepare your skin, the better your results will be! If you can remember to follow these 7 simple rules, you will be set for success before your spray tanning session, guaranteed! Good luck, and happy tanning!
Meet our new BBST Ambassador Katie Platt!http://bronzebeautyst.com/wp-content/themes/osmosis/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 Sarah Rubino Sarah Rubino http://1.gravatar.com/avatar/1298904d794207324dc13ca34f27b8b1?s=96&d=mm&r=g
We have decided to add on more Ambassadors to our already wonderful team! Our first one that we would like to introduce is Katie Platt. We first met Katie last year when she competed in the Mr and Ms SRU bodybuilding show. Let’s get to know Katie!
Katie is a senior at Slippery Rock University who is completing her undergraduate degree in Exercise Science. She is currently in training for the Mr. & Ms. SRU Bodybuilding show, and the NPC Natural Ohio Championships which are both in April. She is completing an internship as a performance coach at Pure Edge Performance Training where she also trains. After graduation in May, she will pursue a full-time career in personal training, while studying for her Master’s degree in Performance Enhancement, Injury Prevention and Rehab Science program in the School of Graduate Studies and Research at California University of Pennsylvania. She hopes to keep competing and eventually see herself on the stage at nationals as a figure competitor.
We are thrilled to have Katie part of our team and can’t wait to see her compete in her upcoming shows. Keep an eye out next week for our next Ambassador!
Bohofaux is coming to Bronze Beauty Spray Tanninghttp://bronzebeautyst.com/wp-content/themes/osmosis/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 Sarah Rubino Sarah Rubino http://1.gravatar.com/avatar/1298904d794207324dc13ca34f27b8b1?s=96&d=mm&r=g
Ever wanted to learn how to braid? Join us for a Basic Braids class hosted by bohofaux: we will be having complimentary beer + wine for a fun girls night out. $30 per person. Call 412.500.1701 to reserve your spot today! Space is limited.
This event will be held at Bronze Beauty Spray Tanning. We are located at 300 Camp Horne Road, Suite 250, Pittsburgh, PA 15202. Parking is available in the lot to the right of the building (Carmel Commons). Just come through the doors with the 300 above it and head up the steps. We are all the way down the hall to the left in suite 250. If you have questions about where we are located, feel free to give us a call at 412-301-5455.
Hope to see you Sunday!
Bronze Beauty Spray Tanning and Fascino are teaming up!http://bronzebeautyst.com/wp-content/themes/osmosis/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 Sarah Rubino Sarah Rubino http://1.gravatar.com/avatar/1298904d794207324dc13ca34f27b8b1?s=96&d=mm&r=g
This Saturday, March 26th, from 12-4pm Bronze Beauty Spray Tanning will be at Fascino doing spray tans! Spend your Saturday doing some shopping and getting a gorgeous glow! Fascino is an adorable boutique located in Mt. Washington. They have clothes, jewelry, candles, accessories, the works! Come shop their new Spring collection! Spray tans will only be $20. We don’t do this kind of deal often, so if you ever wanted to try a spray tan from us, now is your chance!
Stop on out and visit us and bring your friends!
Fascino is located at 128 Wyoming Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15211. To book an appointment, call 412-488-8458. We will also be taking walk-ins.
Fitness Competition Season is quickly approaching! Who is doing your spray tan?http://bronzebeautyst.com/wp-content/themes/osmosis/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 Sarah Rubino Sarah Rubino http://1.gravatar.com/avatar/1298904d794207324dc13ca34f27b8b1?s=96&d=mm&r=g
Fitness Shows will be starting soon and you can find one just about every weekend from Spring until Fall. If you are competing in a show this year, are you getting your spray tan done by a professional? Being in the competition spray tanning business for the last 3 1/2 years, I can tell who had their competition tan done professionally and who wanted to save a couple bucks and do it on their own. I am all about saving money, believe me, but when it comes to something that you have worked months on, you want to make sure you look the best on stage. Judges do look at your spray tan! Make sure you are getting one professionally done!
Bronze Beauty Spray Tanning specializes in Bodybuilding, Physique, Figure, Bikini and Fitness Model Competition spray tanning. We are a very detail oriented company and we make sure you look your best as we know how critical the spray tan is for competition! We truly believe in making your life a little less stressful with helping you feel confident and ready to step onto stage with a flawless spray tan! From the moment we speak with you, we make sure you feel comfortable with what our company has to offer for you during your entire competition. We know how hard you have worked to get to your competition and we understand that we are the last ones to touch all of your hard work so it’s truly an honor for us to make you feel pumped up to get on stage and show everyone what you have been working so hard for.
When you book a competition spray tan with BBST, we spray tan you the day before your show with however many coats you need in order to achieve the right color, and we will even help with touch ups the morning of the show. We also make sure we give you extra solution for touch-ups if we can’t be at the show and your own stage glaze and bikini bite. We show you how to apply it all so that you are ready for the stage with no stress! Also, WE COME TO YOU!!! The day before your show is stressful enough, trying to make sure you have everything you need, so let us come to you. We bring our pop up tent with us and a filter fan, so nothing gets in your house or hotel room. How convenient is that??
#BBST will be the host spray tanning company at the following shows. Make sure to call us to schedule your appointment. We will be at the show all day long with you providing touch ups and anything else you may need for your spray tan. Spray tan appointments will be taken for the day before the show. Spots fill up fast, so make sure you call us ASAP to get the time you want.
April 3rd – Mr & Ms SRU Bodybuilding Show – Slippery Rock, PA
April 9th – Natural Pittsburgh Championships, Murrysville, PA
May 27th – Pittsburgh Fitness Expo – Pittsburgh Natural Show – Monroeville, PA
Other shows are in the works, so make sure to keep checking back to see if your show is one that we will be spraying for.
For more information about our competition spray tanning packages and to view some of our work, visit
http://bronzebeautyst.com/competition-spray-tan/ (you may need to copy the link into your browser)
You can also find our skin prep information on this link. It is VERY important to have your skin prepped before getting sprayed.
Stay warm and safe out there! It’s a snowy one!!! 🙂
How to Host a Fun Girls-Night-In Spray Tan Partyhttp://bronzebeautyst.com/wp-content/themes/osmosis/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 Sarah Rubino Sarah Rubino http://1.gravatar.com/avatar/1298904d794207324dc13ca34f27b8b1?s=96&d=mm&r=g
Did someone say PARTY?!?! <3
We all love a good party, but have you heard of a spray tanning party? It’s the latest craze among ladies who are looking for a different, but fun, night in.
Bronze Beauty has hosted many spray tan parties over the years and they are so much fun! The only rule of a spray tan party is that you must have a minimum of 4 people. That’s it! Of course, you can invite as many friends as you want and if you have 6 or more people who are at the party and get a spray tan, yours will be FREE!! Yes, FREE!!! Who doesn’t love free stuff?
Our spray tan party packages start out at $35/person for 4-6 people. If you have 6 or more people, it’s only $30/person and if you have over 12 (holy party!!!), it’s only $25/person. Additional charges to apply if you live over 20 miles of us!
So how does a spray tan party work? Well I am glad you asked ;-). Like any appointment, I come with my handy dandy pop up tent, a filter fan to grab the extra solution so nothing gets on your stuff, and all the different shades so that each person can get the perfect color! Each person will take about 10-15 minutes. I usually tell people that if you have 6 people at the party, I will be there about 2 hours. We set up the tent in a private space in the house so only myself and the client are in the room. While one person gets sprayed, the others can talk about how excited they are to get a spray tan and of course drink some beverages and munch on some snacks. After the person is done with their session, they usually like to go out with the others and show off what they just got. That’s my favorite part! I always like hearing how the girls ohhhh and ahh over the color. Makes my job all worth it!
When everyone is finished spraying, I pack up all my stuff and everyone is left with a gorgeous glow!
And that’s how it is done! So who wants to book a spray tanning party? It’s fun, relaxing, and an excuse to get together and wear comfy clothes! Have additional question? Feel free to call us at 412-301-5455 (you may also text) or email us at email@example.com
Until next time….
What Do I Wear During and After My Spray Tanhttp://bronzebeautyst.com/wp-content/themes/osmosis/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 Sarah Rubino Sarah Rubino http://1.gravatar.com/avatar/1298904d794207324dc13ca34f27b8b1?s=96&d=mm&r=g
This is another popular one I get asked a lot. What do I wear when I get sprayed and what do I wear after I get sprayed.
What to wear during your spray tan:
When you get your spray tan, you WILL get solution on whatever you are wearing in the booth. When I spray, I try not to go over the clothes and just mainly stick to the skin. But sometimes, the solution does get on the clothes. Most of it does wash out. I’ve had clothes covered in solution before and I never had any solution stain the clothing. What I recommend doing is going in with something that is older and if you get sprayed a lot, you don’t mind some solution getting on it. As far as how much clothing you should wear for your appointment, that is totally up to the client. I have a lot of clients go topless and just wear bottoms. I also have a lot who want to wear a top. If you do wear a top, I always make sure it’s low enough or covering the right parts of the skin, so you don’t show tan lines in whatever you are wearing. If you want to wear straps on your top during your session, go right ahead! We want to make sure the client feels comfortable, and would never make them take off clothes they do not want too.
What to wear after your spray tanning session:
SIMPLE…..dark, loose fitting clothes! Emphasis on LOOSE FITTING!! The reason I say dark, is because if you plan on going out after your spray tan or wear a light color, you will see some of the bronzer rub off onto the clothes. Again, it washes out! You want to make sure whatever you are putting on does not hug the skin too tight. If your clothes are too tight, it can rub the tan right off. It’s best to wear loose sweat pants and a loose t-shirt or sweatshirt. Absolutely NO jeans, socks, or leggings. Wait until after your first initial shower to wear these. Ladies, I also recommend to keep your bra straps down after your session. If you keep them up, you will cause tan lines on the shoulders.
Most clients like to get their spray tans at night, so when they are done, they dry a little and hop right into bed. Just to play it safe, I always have my “Spray tanning sheets” on the bed for the night of my tan. The sheets are dark so if I do get any solution on them, it won’t be noticeable and you can wash it right out. I like to wear sweat pants and a long t-shirt to bed. You want to make sure you don’t wear something to heavy that will cause you to sweat. Sweating after a spray tan is not good!!
I hope I was able to answer any questions about what to wear during and after your spray tanning session. Just remember, loose fitting for after and whatever you feel comfortable wearing during your spray tan.
If you have additional questions about this topic, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
<3 Sarah <3
The Tan Commandmentshttp://bronzebeautyst.com/wp-content/themes/osmosis/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 Sarah Rubino Sarah Rubino http://1.gravatar.com/avatar/1298904d794207324dc13ca34f27b8b1?s=96&d=mm&r=g
I found this perfect image while looking through the many posts on Pinterest about spray tanning. I thought this would be a great blog post and explain a little further, why I love this so much.
- Thou shalt not sunbathe: I will admit it, I laid in that sun and tanning beds non stop from the time I was little up until a couple of years ago. I look through pictures of myself from college and even high school and wonder why my friends never told me I looked RIDICULOUS so tan, in the dead of winter…lol. If you are in the sun, PUT ON SUNSCREEN!!! I would recommend 100 SPF, but that’s just me. Ok, maybe not that much – but protect that skin as much as you can!
2. Thou shalt only use self-tanner or get a spray tan to achieve a natural glow: More and more I hear how quick you see color after getting a spray tan. You can spend months in a tanning bed and you still can’t get the color you desire (well depending on your skin type). After one session with a spray tan, you can get as dark as you want and it only takes 5 minutes! Plus it’s safer than sitting in the sun or a tanning bed. Spray Tanning solutions have come a long way and and do not turn you orange or cause streaking like they used too.
3. Thou shalt exfoliate properly before self-tanning: Bronze Beauty Spray Tanning recommends that you exfoliate your skin 24 hours prior to your appointment. This will help clear away any dry, dead skin cells. You want to make sure your skin is not super dry before your appointment because as soon as your skin starts shedding, so does the spray tan. This is especially important to do during the winter, when our skin tends to dry out even more. Even if you aren’t getting a spray tan, it’s good to keep the skin exfoliated and hydrated. BBST sells a great body scrub that helps exfoliate the skin. It has a unique dermal barrier that locks moisture within the top layer of skin. It is also Sulfate and Soap Fee so it gently cleanses without stripping the skin’s amino acids, which work directly with the active sunless ingredient, DHA.
4. Thou shalt use a mitt when applying self-tanner: Nothing is worse than applying a self tanner and trying to wash your hands after thinking you will get all the solution off your palms. Believe me, I’ve had some brown palms and it’s not pretty! That’s one area on your body you do not want tan!
5. Thou shalt coat thy hands, feet, elbows, and knees with lotion prior to self-tanning: BBST does this with all our clients before we apply the solution. Your hands, feet, elbows and knees tend to be the driest part on the body. If your skin is super dry, the solution will stick to that area more and make it darker than the rest of the body.
6. Thou shalt wait for the self-tanner to dry completely and stay away from water for the next four to eight hours: After your sunless application, BBST takes our hose from our spray machine and drys off the skin as much as we can. This is part of the appointment we don’t want to miss. Before putting on clothes, you want to make sure your spray tan is as dry as possible or you could have it rub off onto the clothes and create a mark on the skin. What’s nice about the solution we use, is that it drys very fast and usually after a minute of us drying you off, you are good to put your clothes back on and go. One thing BBST does differently in this statement, is the part about staying away from water for 4-8 hours. We like to have our clients wait 24 hours before taking a full shower with body wash. If you can’t wait the 24 hours to shower, that’s fine. Before the 24 hours, you must do a WARM WATER RINSE. That means no soap, body wash, loofah or wash cloth. Simply stand under the water and rinse off the cosmetic bronzer. We do tell our clients if they need to use body wash for certain areas of the body, you can do so by apply a small amount to the palms of your hands and dabbing the skin. But not the whole body!! If you are still on the fence about waiting 24 hours, then try our rapid solution. This allows you to shower within 4-6 hours.
7. Thou shalt sleep in loose, dark clothing: After your spray tan, you MUST put on dark loose fitting clothing. I understand sometimes you want to be stylish or have to go out after your spray tan, but putting on those tight jeans, or tight shirts will ruin your spray tan! The clothes will rub against the skin and pretty much rub off the tan. Since BBST comes to your home, you don’t have to worry about going out in public with your loose fitting clothes. Most of the time, clients get their tans at night so all they have to do is go to bed and wake up with a beautiful looking tan.
8. Though shalt pat, not rub, thy skin dry after a shower: This statement pretty much explains itself. Rubbing the skin with a towel after a shower, can rub the tan right off. BE GENTLE WITH YOUR SKIN AFTER A SPRAY TAN!!!
9. Thou shalt not use products containing oil on thy skin when thou has a faux glow: Products with oil can strip away the tan and it won’t last as long. Make sure the lotions you use after your spray tan do not contain oil. BBST offers a great after tan lotion that has a gradual bronzer in it so it helps the spray tan last even longer than the typical 5-7 days. It’s called Pro-Long – ask for it at your next appointment!
10. Thou shalt not exfoliate after self-tanning: As mentioned above, exfoliating the skin before your spray tan appointment helps clear away the dead skin. If you do this after your spray tan, guess what, you are clearing away your spray tan.
I hope you enjoyed the Tan Commandments. Feel free to ask any questions with regards to skin prep and after care instructions for your spray tan! Make sure to review our skin prep and after care instructions on our website – www.bronzebeautyst.com.
Wishing everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving!