Skin Prep for Competitions
- Exfoliate 3-4 times a week before your competition to renew and refine the texture of your skin for a healthier, radiant look. Soak in a warm bath if time allows helping with the exfoliating process. DO NOT forget to scrub your back.
- MOISTURIZE, MOISTURIZE, MOISTURIZE. We cannot stress this enough. Apply generously to knees, elbows, feet and hands since these areas tend to absorb more color. Use moisturizer daily, morning and evening for a week before the competition to ensure a smooth, even absorption of color.
- DO NOT shower with any body washes or soaps that contain moisturizers the day of your session. These act as barriers to the spray tan which may cause white spots.
- DO NOT use Dove body wash and soap, this will leave a residue on your body.
- DO NOT apply any moisturizer, make-up, perfume, cologne or deodorants prior to your session. If you have any of these products on your body, please remove prior to your session. These act as barriers to the spray tan which may cause white spots and may raise your skins pH and change your color.
- Shave and Wax at least 24 hours prior to your session. If not, shaving and waxing the day of could cause open pores to become saturated with the tanning solution resulting in tiny brown dots on your body. *If you absolutely have to shave the day of your spray tan, please put cold water over your body to close pores as this helps with a decrease, not elimination, in tiny brown dots on your body.
- Remain dry for at least 30 minutes before your session.
- Remove contact lenses and jewelry. Note: Contact lenses are not necessary to remove if keeping eyes closed.
- Always wear hair up.
- Please have Loose Dark Cotton Clothing ready to put on after your spray tan. DO NOT wear RED clothing as the red dye can create the skin to turn green. We do recommend Wear and Away Fitness Clothing to put on. You can purchase these items here: Wear and Away Fitness Competition Clothing
- Stay away from Jeans and DO NOT wear Socks.
- Chap Stick; Lip Gloss; Lipstick is recommended to wear to act as a barrier to the solution.
- Ladies: Have Pedicure and Manicure done prior to getting spray tanned.
- Please let us know if you will be applying a coat or two of another solution. DO NOT apply any other tanning products before or after your spray tan without consulting with us first. We are not responsible for any color malfunction of mixing products.
**IMPORTANT** During your spray tan, we do recommend wearing something over your private area due to the risk of DHA going into the Mucous Membranes as DHA is not approved by the FDA for the mucous membranes of our body but is approved for our skin. DHA reacts with the proteins on our skin creating the color. Men, we recommend wearing a sock if you prefer to be sprayed in the nude, we do not recommend getting sprayed in your Posing Suits as these can create tan lines. If you prefer to wear a suit, please wear a suit that is smaller than your competition posing suit. Ladies, we recommend purchasing C-Strings which are re-usable and washable.